Become a Volunteer
Docklands Equestrian Centre encourage both children and adults to come along and help! Our volunteers gain valuable experience working along side our staff and horses.
We offer a points based volunteer scheme. Our volunteers earn points for the duties they carry out. Points are used towards free lessons.
For insurance purposes children must have had their 12th birthday to stay and volunteer at the centre.
Each new volunteer will be paired with a Senior Volunteer or Member of Staff until they have completed their Induction and Training.
Our volunteer scheme aims to support young volunteers to gain valuable stable management experience and introduces skills in responsibility, organisation and communication.
Points are awarded for the following duties:
- Mucking out
- Leading clients on Beginner Lessons
- Sweeping the designated areas
- Tacking up the horses/ponies for lessons
- Untacking them at the end of their lesson
- Filling hay nets
- Chucking up the muck into the skips
- Skipping out the muck at regular intervals
- Cleaning designated areas
- Cleaning tack
You will need the correct riding wear, safety hat to correct standard and appropriate footwear, these can all be borrowed from the centre.